Title: Product Strategy Consultant, Music
Location: London, UK
Vistex, Inc. is an SAP software solutions extensions partner serving businesses of all sizes worldwide across a spectrum of industries by managing their master data, contracts, pricing, rebates and incentive programs. Our solutions provide unprecedented visibility into the breadth and depth of go-to-market programs and enable businesses with insightful information that drive revenue, control costs and increase margins. Our deep industry expertise coupled with in-house implementation, delivery and training services makes Vistex a full solutions resource and consultancy.
Headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL, and with locations around the world, Vistex is searching for dynamic, enthusiastic team members to contribute to the long term success of both Vistex and our clients!
Your employment will be with the company in the position of Product Strategy Consultant for Music, in the London UK office.
As a Product Strategy Consultant you will lead the strategy development and execution for our software solutions aimed at the music industry and in particular music publishers, record labels, distributors and digital service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Owning and driving the strategy and product roadmap for all products within the music domain
• Working with the team, business and management to research and prioritize industry requirements and new business opportunities
• Working with the team, business and clients to define new product requirements
• Working with potential partners to assess opportunities and complementary solutions
• Working with internal development and client services teams to provide strategic review and oversight of significant new development
• Execution of consultation projects with clients and complex sales opportunities to define requirements and develop suggested strategy
• Conducting market research and perform competitive analysis
• Creating business cases and financial models to drive product decisions
• Some project management responsibilities including monitoring and reporting on project progress
• Minimum 3 years in a strategy consulting or product management role or extensive experience in a strategy or business management role within a record label, music publisher or digital music service
• Experience working on software and technology projects and a strong technology understanding
• The ability to analyze and capture complex business problems and opportunities
• The ability to develop insight and execution plans based on sound quantitative and qualitative evidence
• The ability to analyze, compare and prioritize opportunities
• The ability to generate innovative solutions and demonstrate entrepreneurial flare
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels including executives, managers, technical teams and subject matter experts both internally and externally
• Demonstrable ability to work on more than one project at a time and to meet targets and deadlines
• Knowledge of the music publishing, record label and digital supply chain sectors
• Experience in a strategy consulting or product management role
• Experience working on technology implementation projects
• Knowledge of rights and royalties
• Ideally you will be degree educated to a 2:1 level