2017 has been an exciting year for online video of all kinds, music videos included. Now there’s a new awards ceremony for that, which aims to celebrate emerging talent creating music videos and other short-form music-related work.
The Shiny Awards take place on 22 February 2018 in London, and the deadline for entering is the end of December, with seven categories:
– Best Director, Unsigned
– Commissioner of Best Director, Unsigned
– Best Director, Newly Signed
– Commissioner of Best Director, Newly Signed
– Best Director, Diversity
– Commissioner of Best Director, Diversity
– Audience Award (chosen by the audience at the event)
The organisers are charging an entry fee of £35 (or $46 / €39) with an option to submit a second entry for free in return for information.
One of the aspects we’ve not seen much in other awards is the promise of feedback: ratings from at least five of the awards’ longlist judges, as well as written feedback from at least five too.
Find out more at the official website.
Pic credit: William White / Unsplash