We’re currently working with an incredible and growing roster of emerging talent and established labels from all over the world. We’re looking for someone to join the team focusing on the UK based projects. You’ll be working alongside some really experienced Label Managers to help support them and learn the skills needed to manage your own roster. It will be seriously challenging, with loads of support, so is a great place to cut your teeth in Label Management or quickly develop your current skill set.
Alongside that, as the team grows, you can be involved in shaping the way we deliver the new services like the industry-leading App and new client focused blog. It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the hottest records being released right now. We’ll be heading to The Great Escape in a few weeks to see over 100 of these artists perform and to take some extra time catching up with the managers we’ve been working so closely with.
Working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as an Junior Label Manager at AWAL?
- You will be the main point of contact for a roster of clients of developing, artists and labels that the creative team have brought in
- You will work closely with one of the more senior label managers supporting them with day to day tasks
- You’ll help guide your clients on the best practices when it comes to their releases and scheduling (we have a team of people who help guide us on this and the operations team keep us up to speed on deadlines and industry best practices)
- You also liaise with the Digital Account Managers to make sure they can pitch your priority projects to the digital services for playlisting and features (each Friday our projects are being added to several cool playlists on Spotify, Apple, Deezer and more because of the great work they’re doing with the support and analytics we provide)
- With new incoming projects, you’ll be managing the process of bringing new artists and clients on-board – building a good relationship with them and finding out everything you need to know to support their career properly is key
- You’re also supporting your clients using the various best-in-class industry tools we have for them to run their business – these include income reporting tools, the AWAL App, the best practices blog, product uploader and so on
You will ideally have
…experience and understanding of what excellent customer/client service is – this is a role that requires great client facing experience so ideal if you have run your own label, or worked as artist manager plus have a good understanding of the digital supply chain
…project management experience and a good working knowledge of the recording industry – we can teach you the rest and the specifics of how AWAL operates
…a professional, friendly and customer-focused approach face to face, or via email or phone – working closely with artist managers, label owners and internal music industry pros is the day to day work
…fantastic organizational skills, and someone who is a self-starter with the capacity to manage a varied and often intense workload, as every project you’re running is important – if several great records drop simultaneously you need to be there and ready to make sure they are all set up and managed successfully
To summarize: We’re setting ourselves up to be a partner in our clients’ business. In the same way these projects have a press team, radio plugger and live agent, they also need a label manager to curate the digital delivery and pitching side of their campaign. Each month, while the artist managers run the other parts of the project, we’re making sure our releases are featured on the digital services, their videos are supported at VEVO and, crucially, that our artists are paid what they’re expecting so they can free their time to make more great music.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates offered for 12-month memberships at Nuffield Health or Fitness First.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
PENSION | Staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% – 5% company matched contribution.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.