Position: Digital Account Manager
Location: London, UK
Reporting to: Director, UK Digital Sales
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a digital sales specialist to manage key digital retail relationships in the UK. Essential to this role is a solid understanding of the digital retail landscape as well as a core understanding of the digital services. Equally important is a strong grasp of various different types of repertoire. The role will involve working closely with the label management team and Orchard’s marketing teams to create compelling retail campaigns for our content and labels.
- Manage & maintain day-to-day relationships with digital retailers, including global services and local services.
- Drive strategy pitches and process with retail accounts and to ensure The Orchard’s repertoire receives maximum promotion and exposure.
- Ensure close retail relationships are maintained by attending meetings, events and gigs.
- Prioritise release schedule to execute on label needs, and proactively communicate analysis and results to labels and management.
- Identify and execute high-revenue digital retail opportunities.
- Utilise Orchard tools and technology for campaign execution and analysis
- Track and analyse data points and results to interpret how campaigns impact overall sales goals
- Create metrics and case studies around content performance and visibility, impact of marketing initiatives and retail response to promotion.
- Become an active participant in our playlisting strategy.
- Minimum 3 years experience in retail marketing (independent music experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of leading digital retail platforms (Spotify, Apple, Google, Youtube etc)
- Good understanding of sale strategy and how it can be used to strengthen a retail marketing campaign
- Direct communication experience with retail accounts or digital marketing platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English required with a second language desirable
- In-depth understanding of the social media landscape
- Strong analytical mind, ability to work with numbers and data without issues
- Familiarity with Excel, Powerpoint, Word
The Orchard is a pioneering music and video distribution company operating in more than 30 global markets. We provide innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing solutions for content owners working with such diverse artists such as Skepta, The Cribs, Jason Isbell, BTS and Run The Jewels. With an industry-leading technology platform, The Orchard’s creative and tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and physical outlets around the world. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.