An evening event taking place on Monday 7th December 2015 at the wonderful ReedSmith venue in London we are pleased to present:
List For Life: What Next For Playlists?
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS NOW SOLD OUT ON THIS WEBPAGE, please email firstname.lastname@example.org there may be a chance for a few extra tickets
A Music Ally event about the growing importance of playlists in the streaming music market, and what that means for labels, artists and the industry. Including the following and more:
- How important are playlists really? How many plays do they drive, and do they affect chart placement?
- How do the playlist strategies of Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play and others compare? Who has the smartest approach?
- What are the major labels doing with their playlist brands, and what potential is there for indies to match them?
- Will playlists become a new pressure point for streaming services when negotiating licensing deals?
- Playola. Will paying for tracks to be added to influential playlists become common, and if not, how else can curators make money?
- Brands and playlists: what’s the potential for brands to use playlists to reach an influential audience of music fans?
- Playlists might not kill the traditional album – or will they? – but what impact are they having on the compilations market
The event will be based around one main panel, and will also integrate exclusive video opinions from industry figures.
Pete Downton Chief Commercial Officer, 7digital
Sammy Andrews MD, Sabotage New Media
Naz Idelji Head of Compilations, Ministry of Sound
Chris Price Founder, New Slang Media
The panel will be chaired by the editor of our weekly reports, Eamonn Forde.
All followed by networking drinks and nibbles : )
Registration is from 6pm with the event kicking off at 6.30pm
Tickets can be bought here and please email email@example.com if you have a large group for the potential of a group discount
About the Sponsor
7digital are the power behind innovative digital listening experiences. Their robust, scalable technical infrastructure and extensive global rights are used to create comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, retailers, record labels, artists and agencies. Alongside proven product knowledge, 7digital offers award-winning radio production and music curation services, superior editorial strategy, playlisting and content management expertise, making them a leading partner in this space.
7digital foster industry growth and innovation by simplifying access to music for clients such as Onkyo, Guvera, OpenLIVE, and The Overflow. From years of being the largest independent producer of programming for the BBC, launching Radioplayer in multiple territories and powering services for partners like HMV, Panasonic and ROK Mobile, 7digital are perfectly positioned to lead innovation at the intersection of digital music and next generation radio services.
Our host sponsor is