Local and national advertising was down 25% to $3.4 billion in Q2. Other radio segments performed better than radio’s core in Q2 with network radio down 10% to $274 million. Off-air revenue declined 13% to $355 million. The only segment posting positive improvement in the quarter was digital, up 9% to $120 million. Combined, radio revenue dropped 22% to $4.2 billion. For the first half of the year, all of radio’s revenue segments were collectively down 23% to $7.6 billion. Local and national revenue were each down 25% to $6.2 billion. Network dropped 11% to $512 million. Off-air dropped 13% to $619 million. Radio’s one positive segment, digital, grew 10% to $221 million.

EarPods and phone

Tools: platforms to help you reach new audiences

Tools: Kaiber

In the year or so since its launch, AI startup Kaiber has been making waves,…

Read all Tools >>

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *