Artist Brian Hazard – who’s also a mastering engineer – has been blogging about his experience creating a track for the new Rock Band Network. Despite his expertise – as a player of the Rock Band games as well as being a professional engineer – it took him 45 hours of work over six weeks to finish the track. This, for something that sells for a couple of dollars, of which MTV takes 70% of the revenues. No wonder Hazard is suggesting that artists should let professional RBN studios convert their songs – but then they get a cut of the remaining 30%. Source: Music Think Tank

EarPods and phone

Tools: platforms to help you reach new audiences

Tools: Kaiber

In the year or so since its launch, AI startup Kaiber has been making waves,…

Read all Tools >>

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *