Tonight sees Spotify’s press launch in New York to announce a “new direction” for the streaming music service, which is strongly tipped to be a Facebook-style applications platform to help developers build apps on top of Spotify’s service.
But what else might the company announce? Here’s what our sources are telling us…
- Acquisition of The Echo Nest, Sharemyplaylists and/or Adele
- Spotify users to be forced to log in via Bebo or Friendster
- Exclusive deal for AC/DC’s new cover album of Beatles/Coldplay songs
- Hans Pandeya to buy Spotify and merge it with The Pirate Bay
- Sean Parker taking new role to oversee Fruit and Flowers budget
- Bare-knuckle fistfight with Grooveshark’s CEO
- Fundraising drive to give Lady Gaga a hot meal this Christmas
- Eye Of The Tiger adopted as new company theme tune
- Homescreen promotion for Mark Zuckerberg’s Songs To Kill Bison To playlist
- Daniel Ek to build space rocket to fly to Moon and plant ‘F*** Artists’ flag
Check back at 5pm GMT when we’ll be liveblogging the event to see how these predictions turn out.