Last year, HTC invested $300m in audio technology firm Beats Electronics. Is the company regretting that deal? Possibly: it has just sold 25% of the overall shares back to Beats in what it’s describing as “a realignment of their business agreement that provides Beats with more flexibility for global expansion while maintaining HTC’s major stake and commercial exclusivity in mobile”. Beats now owns 75% of its shares, with HTC owning the other 25%. What this means for Beats’ newly-acquired MOG subsidiary is unclear: that acquisition was expected to spark some kind of preload deal for MOG on HTC devices in the near future.

EarPods and phone

Tools: platforms to help you reach new audiences

Tools: Kaiber

In the year or so since its launch, AI startup Kaiber has been making waves,…

Read all Tools >>

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *