The Pew Research Center has published its latest research into the US tablet market, recording its continued growth. 35% of Americans aged 16 and older now own tablets: that’s grown from 10% in December 2011 then 25% in November 2012. The survey also explores e-reader ownership, finding that 24% of American adults now own an e-book reader, up from 19% last year. Overall, 43% of Americans own either a tablet or an e-book reader. “Up from 25% last year, more than half of those in households earning $75,000 or more now have tablets. Up from 19% last year, 38% of those in upper-income households now have e-readers,” explains the report. Expect another jump in tablet ownership over this Christmas though, especially with a number of affordable Android tablets now competing with Apple’s iPad.

EarPods and phone

Tools: platforms to help you reach new audiences

Tools: Kaiber

In the year or so since its launch, AI startup Kaiber has been making waves,…

Read all Tools >>

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *