Join the best team in the independent music world! CD Baby is now searching for a Director of Market Development in the EU to manage business development and grow the visibility of CD Baby’s platform within European territories. In this position, a highly motivated music industry professional will oversee territory representatives and be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with both CD Baby artists and business partners. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills, take a proactive approach to new marketing and business initiatives, and thrive within a non-standard work schedule which allows for frequent travel to trade shows, industry events, and meetings with artists and DSPs in the EU and United States.
- Responsible for owning and growing relationships with regional representatives of CD Baby digital partner companies on an ongoing basis as it relates to general artist account management, promoting and highlighting priority releases, including proactively pitching for placements, securing required assets from account managers, and meeting all necessary deadlines as they arise.
- Managing relationships on an ongoing basis with key client account owners and managers in region or territory, including communicating opportunities between CD Baby & account manager, assisting with questions and troubleshooting as appropriate, and meeting all necessary deadlines as they arise.
- Responsible for recruiting and managing additional country representatives within the territory, including managing performance, mentoring for higher performance, coaching for highest and best use of time and progressive performance management.
- Assist as necessary in securing appropriate clearances, rights, metadata and assets prior to delivery to digital partner companies in region or territory, and a release calendar as appropriate.
- Possessing a firm understanding of iTunes Style Guidelines and striving to ensure all key account submissions adhere to its requirements.
- Flexibility in work hours – must be able to work non-standard schedule to attend trade shows, industry events, and to generally meet the needs of client account managers as necessary. Travel within region and to the United States as necessary.
- Collaborating with CEO, project teams and members of CD Baby or third-party developers as required to improve existing processes, introduce new features, as well as lead projects and initiatives within territory as needed.
- Consistently prove an outstanding ability to set and meet deadlines independently while exhibiting a high-level of initiative in both researching and implementing new marketing and promotional opportunities, as well as retaining and increasing CD Baby’s key accounts.
- Ability to identify and anticipate both present and future music industry change and effectively communicate to CEO how it may impact CD Baby’s business in the territory or region.
- Assisting with strategic projects and priorities that serve to increase visibility for CD Baby artists (whether individual or catalog-wide), maintain or earn a competitive advantage in the industry, and/or attract high volume clients to the CD Baby platform within territory or region and worldwide.
- Maintain strategic relationships in territory or region with key employees of local performing rights organizations and collection societies.
- Lead meetings, training, and projects as required.
- Assisting and collaborating with other departments when appropriate.
- Completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Based in EU Country or UK, preferably in Amsterdam, Paris, London or Berlin
- Educational Requirements: As a minimum, College Degree or Equivalent
- Experience Required: Minimum 5 years’ music industry experience (experience in one or more of the following environments: record label, artist management, digital retailer, PRO; band/music promotion and PR).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Google docs
- Excellent communication skills, both in a b2b and b2c environment
- Strong attention to details, highly organized and extremely motivated
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task with a proactive approach to balancing and prioritizing workload in a fast-paced, high activity environment
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Robust and ongoing understanding of the music industry, including music licensing, copyright law and key trends affecting CD Baby, its digital partners and the music industry
- Strong selling and persuasive skills
- Positive attitude with excellent time and stress management skills
- At least English and French, German, Italian or Dutch Bi-lingual fluency strongly preferred.
Candidate resumes should be sent to: email@example.com