Role / Title: Sales, Marketing & PR Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Managing: Sales Co-ordinator, Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator
Location: London (two thirds) and Colchester (one third), UK
Salary: Depending on experience
Chandos Records is one of the world’s premier classical music record companies, best known for its groundbreaking search for neglected musical gems and for its superb sound quality. We produce more than fifty albums a year and have an impressive back catalogue of more than 2,000 recordings.
We are looking for a Sales, Marketing and PR Manager to oversee the distribution activities, optimise physical and digital turnovers, and act as a point of contact internationally between the label and various industry stakeholders.
The primary purpose of this position is to drive physical and digital sales internationally by developing and managing first-class marketing plans, ensuring optimal editorial exposure to the label and its artists, and managing a multi-disciplinary team as well as relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Sales Management:
- Prepare monthly releases submissions: writing sales notes, verifying metadata, implementing and coordinating release plans;
- Liaise with distributors for special requests, promotions, back catalogue campaigns, contract negotiation, and other business matters;
- Present new releases and marketing plans at monthly sales meetings and annual conferences (travel may be required);
- Supervise monthly promotions for the Chandos website;
- Explore new markets and new distributors;
- Ensure sales opportunities are fully exploited for artists’ concerts;
- Prepare, plan, and design a production schedule in full consultation with key distributors and Chandos colleagues to ensure all new release information is received on time.
- Manage, allocate, and follow up on the annual marketing budget;
- Negotiate annual advertising plans with magazines, websites, and radios;
- Brief designers and occasionally design artwork (display, video);
- Supervise social media and streaming activities;
- Set up special promotional events and operations, liaising with external partners;
- Drive and analyse traffic to the website, creating relevant and effective content, managing newsletters, and developing Ad-Words campaigns.
- Maintain and develop a network of journalists, keeping them up to date with Chandos activities and securing editorial features where possible;
- Supervise and follow up on new release information and promo copies.
- Good working knowledge of classical music and digital trends either by qualification or experience;
- Proven track record in a sales or marketing environment with experience in writing copy, booking advertising, and customer relationship management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels;
- The ability to work well under pressure with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- The ability to effectively manage a small multi-disciplinary team;
- Diplomacy in communicating difficult decisions and maintaining positive relationships;
- The ability to represent Chandos at a senior level.
- Master Degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Communication, or equivalent;
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic;
- Expertise in digital marketing tools, platforms, and strategies;
- Passion for music with an interest in classical repertoire;
- Good level in another European language.
E-mail your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org