AWAL serves a growing roster of emerging talent and established independent artists from all over the world and we are now expanding our UK Marketing team to include a new Project Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Project Management.
Responsible for managing relationships and marketing initiatives with a wide range of clients, from emerging to established artists, both UK-based and international, as well as record labels and catalogue owners, the Project Manager will provide marketing support, advice and strategy for AWAL’s developing artists and selected label clients.
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Kooks, Laura Marling, Tom Misch, De La Soul, The Wombats, David Gray, Placebo and LAUV, and labels including Marathon Artists, Independiente, Mau5trap, Downtown, Wrasse and Chrysalis.
This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster. It’s an exciting time to be joining AWAL, and working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as a Project Manager?
- Manage relationships and marketing support and release scheduling to label, artist and management clients
- Conceive and implement marketing campaigns and strategy for selected AWAL artists
- Communicate marketing best practices, new developments and strategies to clients
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Manage marketing campaign budgets
- Oversee setup of clients’ physical and digital production
- Source and manage media promo partners for projects
- Work with internal teams, including Operations, Digital Marketing and Digital Sales teams as well as external partners
- Work with the Account Management team to develop market-leading streaming strategies
- Advise on digital marketing, advertising and social media strategies to maximise results, engagement and growth
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s analytics tools
You will ideally have
…knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
…3+ years’ experience, ideally within a successful distributor or record label environment
…experience working with labels, artists and managers
…ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
…strong organisational and project management skills
…superior client management and communication skills
…ability to network with clients and industry contacts
…entrepreneurial spirit, with a progressive and creative attitude
…BA/BSc degree or work-based experience equivalent
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.