As part of Kobalt’s significant expansion of AWAL – our recorded music division – the Integrations Manager will support the growing operations team by ensuring accurate and timely review and cleanse of all Incoming catalogue/label distribution deal releases for digital and physical distribution. Reporting to the Senior Director of Release Management, the team is responsible for all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all products meet release date.
You may be working for a label or distributor with experience in digital ops, supply chain and release management processes as well as strong working knowledge of music metadata and audio, artwork & video asset management for digital and physical release creation.
Most important is that you have great interpersonal skills and can cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen as well as have a passion for music and Kobalt!
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and are transforming the way record labels and artists manage, develop and optimise their catalogues. Kobalt’s multi-rights platform accounts for billions of daily microtransactions for thousands of catalogue tracks in today’s ever-changing music industry.
In 2017, AWAL launched its mobile app to provide a unique lens into a record labels streaming and financial performance across Apple Music and Spotify. Since launch, the AWAL App has also added real-time access to YouTube videos with a detailed view of how a catalogue is used and monetized across user-generated content.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting our Catalogue and label business to grow fast. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN INTEGRATIONS MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Working closely with Director of Label Integrations to onboard catalogue and label deals
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and client representatives
- Pre and post deal data review, quality-check, research & cleanse of incoming audio, artwork, metadata & video, for digital service compatibility to the highest industry standards
- Identify and highlight potential integrations obstacles to wider teams
- Create easy to understand rationalisations of complex catalogue & label acquisition documents
- Prepare video assets, metadata and perform basic technical checks to ensure DSP style guide compliance
- Establish & build upon good relationships across multiple business areas
- Research physical catalogue stock locations, levels and parts availability
- Work with external distributors on transfer of physical and digital assets
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of AWAL’s internal processes and all areas of AWAL’s business in order to respond effectively to queries
- To have a good understanding and knowledge of technical aspects relevant to AWAL (portal, statement processing, data ingestion formats)
- Assist Release Management team on any frontline release tasks when needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience working in a supply chain, Ops or Release Management role or other relevant experience in the music industry is essential
- Strong knowledge of music metadata & systems is essential – knowledge of iTunes style-guide is highly desirable
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively across the business and with external clients and suppliers as required
- Proactive self-starter able to manage own workload and support busy department
- Experience working with digital and physical audio, video and artwork assets is desirable
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to follow strict industry guidelines
- Excellent analytical and investigatory skills
- Previous experience of physical production & stock management desirable
- Numerate and IT literate
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
FRESH FRUIT & OTHER REFRESHMENTS| Delivered twice a week!
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.