AWAL Recordings is seeking a dynamic creative superstar eager to join a cutting-edge independent record label based in London. The ideal candidate is passionate about Internet trends, technology, and multimedia content with a creative flair. Doesn’t just look outside the box but wants to create the next evolution of the digital landscape in music. This person will be leveraging their experiences to drive creative ideations on both digital and social media platforms for our artists. You’ll help define and execute strategy while producing content yourself as well as discover, recruit and manage external creative suppliers working in all disciplines of digital media.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER AT KOBALT DO?
- Develop short-form visual content, GIF’s, memes, animated artwork, short-form videos and dynamic media assets.
- Collaborate with AWAL’s marketing & digital marketing team to create shareable content that excites fans and sets our artists apart in an increasingly crowded marketplace.
- Analyze KPI’s to ensure the success of each channel content strategy across multiple campaigns.
- Manage and create artist-driven strategies with an eye to the future and to keep pushing the boundaries of digital creation.
- Engage with a wider creative community to help leverage leading-edge creative content strategies for AWAL artists.
- Collaborate in developing social campaigns for music artists across various genres, channels and platforms.
- Utilize popular trends and Internet memes; incorporate them into digital campaigns, make recommendations on new channels and strategies to incorporate them.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2-5 years of developing cutting edge digital content – Final Cut, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience with creating or managing social channels; social campaigns, supporting digital marketing
- Knowledge of online social performance analytics with ability to make creative decisions based on this data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Passion for creative work
- A love of music!
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s pension scheme is currently with Aviva. On passing probation, staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% – 5% company matched contribution.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.