We’re a music tech startup based in Australia, with a remote staff in the United Kingdom, Europe and North America. Our app, DISCO, is used by some of the world’s best music and media companies to manage their music assets and workflow. Some of our clients include Universal, Netflix, Sub Pop, Concord, Warner Music, Mute, BBDO, GoPro, theodore and Warp.DISCO has become the new standard for file sharing in the music industry, with an extremely engaged customer base.
We’re looking for someone in the EU to join us in a technical support and customer success role.
The role will primarily involve providing technical support to our customers via in app chat and assisting them with getting set up on the platform and managing their assets. Some training of customers will be required, along with general administrative tasks in collaboration with the sales, product and development teams, with a view to growing the product and our customer base. You will also be responsible for continuing to introduce DISCO to new markets and working with the team in building and implementing strategies to meet sales targets.
This is a full time position.
While we don’t necessarily need you to have experience in a startup environment, we are looking for someone technically adept who has at least 3 years experience providing technical support. Our ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is keen to pursue a career in software.
Our distributed team is headquartered in Melbourne, and you’ll be working with our European manager, who is based in London. Candidates based in European countries outside the UK, like France and Germany, who are fluent in English and a language other than English, are preferred.
Things we need:
- At least 3 years experience providing technical support
- Very strong attention to detail
- Very good written and verbal communication skills (you proof things before you send them; you can write quickly and accurately with the right tone and sound like a human)
- Curiosity and willingness to read up on things you don’t know about, and stay on top of trends in technology and things that affect our startup and your role within it
- Enjoy teaching others and seeing them succeed
- Strong technical fluency (you pick up new things quickly and like to know how things work)
- Excellent analytical skills (able to troubleshoot problems quickly and efficiently)
- Extremely organised, and able to set up systems for yourself and others
- Able to work independently and quickly, and multi task
- Ability to identify and build sales leads in your territory, ideally from an existing network
- Confident to lead demonstrations and training in person and on calls with clients, or potential clients
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of working cross functionally to resolve customer issues
- Speaking a language other than English (German, French or Spanish ideally)
- Proficiency with multimedia software, and the ability to create help centre articles and videos/GIFS.
- An understanding of or experience working in the music industry
We offer a supportive, collaborative environment, with strong opportunities for growth and advancement, and the opportunity to take ownership and drive key initiatives within the business. Work life balance is important to us, and both working hours and where you work from are flexible. The position offers four weeks paid leave per year.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, supportive team and work on a product people love.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please provide a cover letter that tells us about:
- Your background and approach to work/life and how you define success
- An important failure you’ve had to work through and what you learned from it
- What technical experience you have
- Any customer success roles you have held and where you felt your strengths and weaknesses were
- Why you’re interested in working in a music industry software startup
- A few key things you feel are essential to providing good technical customer support.
Please note cover letters need to address all of these points for us to consider your application.