XL Recordings are recruiting for a new Global Project Manager to join the team.
You’ll work very closely with the artist, their management and their A&R, to build a picture of the artist’s overall vision for the project, to contextualise and communicate to the wider team.
Gleaning information from the relevant promo, sales, marketing and overseas staff, you’ll collate and devise an agreed campaign plan for the artist’s release.
Setting clear goals to aim for in terms of promotional opportunities, coverage, and sales, you’ll oversee all areas of the campaign and be able to regularly communicate its progress internally – and externally – in order that everyone involved knows what is going on and can use that information to help with their own tasks.
You will collaborate with Beggars International and Licensee teams overseas to identify worthwhile promotional opportunities, and where appropriate travel, for the artists and to attend yourself when necessary.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 2 years previous experience in a similar role is essential, ideally within a label, with experience of international campaigns an advantage
- Demonstrable experience working closely with artists and artist managers
- Great communication skills, including the ability to tailor your message to your audience
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at different stages of their cycle
- Used to working closely with creative teams and able to contribute to the development of creative ideas
- The ability to accept a creative decision and contribute to communicating it, even if it was not your preferred route
- Competent managing budgets
- Proficient at interpreting data and writing engaging project reports
- Knowledge of and passion for the artists on the XL Recordings and Young Turks’ rosters
- Interest in and understanding of digital marketing (advantageous)
- Experience of working with teams in other countries (advantageous)
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, telling us why you want to work with us, to email@example.com. Closing date – Friday 25 September.
Music Ally’s next Learn Live webinar will help you build the strategies for artists to thrive in new international markets!