We are hiring!
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our New Recordings team and be responsible for creating and managing digital marketing campaigns for the UK market; covering both UK repertoire and international artists. This will be a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
Your Mission at BMG.
You’ll be responsible for liaising with BMG UK’s labels to ensure correct and timely manufacture and distribution of physical and digital products.
- Creatively and efficiently manage an artist’s online presence, including tone of voice and online appearance in order to provide dynamic campaigns that stand out.
- Social media strategy, including structuring and creating social media campaigns with the artist and artist management.
- Work hand in hand with product management and marketing teams to deliver creative alignment with campaign strategy.
- Create, maintain and manage online advertising campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Google Adwords and other platforms in line with BMG’s in-house strategy.
- Create, or managing the creation of, online content & assets i.e. social images and video, websites, landing pages or marketing activations.
- Build strong relationships with artist managers and artists directly to provide knowledge, resource and advice on digital marketing.
- Manage and build relationships with key campaign partners i.e. social media influencers outsourced social media, web and asset development.
- Manage and build relationships with key platform partners i.e. Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Triller, etc.
- Provide frequent and relevant reporting on all aspects including social media statistics, advertising performance and other analytics to colleagues, artist managers and campaign partners.
- Work on day-to-day digital operations, including smart linking, channel uploads, content management, etc.
- Previous experience in a digital marketing or social media role, focusing on media or entertainment.
- Experience and knowledge of Facebook business manager.
- Digital advertising experience in Facebook Business & Google Ads.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
- Technical understanding of Adobe suite programs – especially Photoshop, Premiere & After Effects.
- Knowledge of ECRM (Mailchimp, etc.)
- Collaborative and creative
- Strong relationship building skills
- Organised with the ability to work towards deadlines
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Previous experience in a digital marketing or social media role at a record label, artist management company or music focused digital agency.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Passion for and knowledge of the music industry, including being well versed with a variety of genres.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
- Flexible working opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
At BMG we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure you are able to perform to your full potential, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you require support with your application or would benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.
Music Ally’s next Learn Live webinar will help you understand what’s required for artists to thrive in new international markets!