Main Job Description:
SiriusXM & Pandora are seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager who is well-versed in digital music data exchange to lead and oversee implementation of new features and functionality in the Pandora and SiriusXM content pipelines. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with Content Engineering, Content Partnerships, internal data consumers, and our external data partners to develop strategies and identify opportunities to leverage and improve the quality of inbound data to enhance the listener experience on SiriusXM and Pandora. The Senior Product Manager will seek to maximize data integrity, enhance internal systems, optimize workflows, and launch features that augment and enhance the listener experience. As new features and functionality are planned for SXM + Pandora’s digital product offering, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for synthesizing inputs from all stakeholders and distilling those inputs into product requirements for the Content Ingestion systems. The Senior Product Manager will then oversee the implementation of those product enhancements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- End-to-end oversight and accountability for the digital content ingestion and content management roadmap, including driving the vision, defining the features, and prioritizing work
- Develop strategy and plans for supporting new audio and video formats and features
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to manage media serving systems, projects, and capacity planning
- Collaborate with Science and Recommendations teams to source and leverage new data from providers and partners to enhance the listener experience
- Establishing strong working relationships with content engineering, licensing, strategy, internal tools, data science, and other product management teams
- Represent Pandora’s data exchange product needs externally to content partners, and advocate for improvements to data quality and integrity
- Represent Pandora and participate in the DDEX standards organization
- 7+ years of software product management experience with experience in technology partner integrations and close collaboration with internal engineering teams and other stakeholders
- 2+ years of direct experience managing music data ingestion systems including recorded and publishing licensing at significant scale (>10M users)
- 5+ years of experience in developing technology platforms to power back office operations
- 2+ years of experience working with the DDEX ERN data exchange format
- 2+ years of experience with audio and video transcoding systems and codecs, including involvement with integration into consumer facing applications
- Meticulous attention to detail in tracking and managing complex projects with many moving parts
- Ability to see through data exchange problems and instinctively find the cause
- Proven ability to move between big picture vision and detailed requirement definition
- Equally adept at working with business and technical stakeholders in the creation and nourishment of business and technology partnerships
- Preferred – experience working closely with major music content companies
- Strong capacity and passion to problem solve and diagnose mission critical issues in metadata mapping, royalty reporting and report formats
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. This role will interface with major internal stakeholders and also work directly with major music, podcast, and other content partners.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and manage fire-drills
- Experience with Data Analytics and Visualization platforms (Grafana, Google Cloud Platform, or similar platforms)
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Extensive experience with Excel, Google Sheets
- Extensive experience XML file exchange and validation
- SQL query experience a plus