Warp is a leading independent company releasing music by ground-breaking and influential artists including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, Danny Brown, Nala Sinephro, OPN, Tinariwen, Autechre, Kelly Moran, Squid and many more over its family of labels. Warp has offices in London, Sheffield, New York and Los Angeles.
We are looking for an outstanding, creative and energetic person to join us, as our Social Media & Audiences manager, to be based in New York. The successful candidate will be a central member of our global promo team, collaborating with our offices in London, Los Angeles and New York to deliver creative and effective social media strategies as well as cultivating and growing our artist and label audiences.
This position will play a key role in the promotion of our releases, working closely with the Senior Digital Content Manager and Artist teams to develop standout messages, stories and creatives to populate artist channels, drive mailing lists, engage with fans and meet campaign goals.
The perfect candidate will pair a strong enthusiasm for digital platforms and communication alongside a passion for our roster and the contemporary arts and culture landscape. They will show a deep understanding of social networks and platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Discord, Reddit, Talkhouse and more, and have an insight on how they can be best utilized for the unique needs of a specific artist, label or fanbase. They will understand how to adapt creative content and messages to optimize for different platforms and have the ability to do so with exceptional attention to detail and quality standards. They will retain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the space and build relationships with account managers at the key platforms in order to identify new features, technologies and opportunities that can support our campaigns to be successful, unique and market leading. They will take a long term, strategic view to grow audiences, mailing lists and increase engagement, making use of data and reporting to help communicate results and inform best practices, content strategies and future campaigns.
This position will be perfect for someone who is ready to pair a detail-oriented and results-led approach with an innovative and mold-breaking outlook as part of a driven and collaborative global team.
- Develop and deliver effective social media strategies for Warp artists and releases.
- Create social plans for artist announcements and publish and schedule content for artist channels.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team and A&R to build social media concepts and opportunities into wider promo plans.
- Generate and post engaging social creatives and content.
- Populate artist mailers and source approved text.
- Onboard and inspire Artists and management to adopt and properly utilize key platforms in ways that fit their artistic vision.
- Work directly with Artists and management to help develop a social voice and ensure they have what they need for impactful announcements.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of social platforms and technologies on which fans talk about and share our Artists’ music.
- Plan longer-term, engaging platform-specific strategies to grow audiences, mailing lists and stimulate fan interaction. Set goals and monitor progress.
- Commission and run influencer campaigns where appropriate.
- Develop relationships with account managers at social media platforms, finding best practices, new features and partnership opportunities to apply to campaigns.
- Monitor fan activity around artists and share meaningful connections and stories that can inform plans and create new opportunities.
- Write and commission content for newsletters.
- Report on results utilizing data, analytics and qualitative insights.
- 2+ years experience in a social media or related position.
- In-depth knowledge working professionally with major social platforms, with demonstrable successes.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, an ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Strong copywriter, with an ability to pull out meaningful stories and messages from artist bios, press releases, music, videos etc and adapt for different audiences and types of content.
- Outstanding visual eye with an awareness of basic design principles.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Knowledge of email creation (basic HTML and CSS).
- Knowledge of Premier Pro, After Effects a strong plus.
- Ability to capture new content (eg photos, video) optional but beneficial.
- Analytics and reporting experience, audience insights, monitoring channel growth, trends and content performance.
- Experience with influencer outreach, management and sourcing UGC.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
New York based with a mix of office, event and remote working (we remain flexible during the pandemic).
Salary depends on experience. Competitive health, vision and dental plans. Company 401k plan with optional enrollment.
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
Applications close on March 17 2022. Apply directly at https://smrtr.io/85V_5.
Please use the ‘Message To Hiring Manager’ section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role, including details of key successes.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please contact Jo Holder at Warp at the time of your application.