We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join the International Finance (Recordings) team in our London office! This will be a 9-month Fixed Term Contract to cover a paternal leave.
Our recordings hub manages the financial and management reporting for the global recording business for revenues and costs and provides key business support.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
You will be responsible for supporting all activities in the International Finance Recordings Hub.
- SAP support – Journal posting and preparation
- Assisting with preparation of Balance Sheet Recs
- Month-end file roll forward
- Supporting with IC matrices; revenue & cost analysis, Quarterly Intercompany matrix, Monthly Cost recharges, Quarterly PPI (all to be turned around in tight bottleneck time periods and require manual analysis/processing)
- Reviewing of general ledger codes, looking for posting errors (including mid-month reviews)
- Ad-hoc data queries and wider support to the team as required
- Supporting with Business Warehouse report preparation and review
- Support mapping table review for new projects and missing codes
- Relevant experience working in a similar finance position
- Part qualified accounting qualification
- Proficient in Excel (intermediate level)
- High degree of attention to detail
- A love for music!
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Music Industry
- SAP experience
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. We are a Disability Confident organisation and committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), if you would like to discuss the recruitment process with our recruitment team or if you would benefit from other reasonable adjustments please call +44 7909409082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, hybrid working, or flexible start and finish times We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking!