We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager to join our UK Human Resources team! You will be part of a 5 strong HR team, passionate about people and promoting an inclusive work environment.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
To manage the overall HR operations for BMG UK and be a key part of delivering the UK and global HR strategy. To support HR activities for Australia, Hong Kong and China.
Be an ambassador for our core values of Fairness, Service and Transparency the business and provide world class service to all stakeholders.
- Forge close and influential working relationships with dedicated client groups and key stakeholders within the business
- Ensure an efficient, high level personal HR service
- Provide timely, pragmatic and professional HR advice and guidance to stakeholders in line with HR policies, procedures and initiatives
- Create, review and implement HR policies in line with employment law updates and best practice
- Offer innovative and creative solutions to common challenges for managers
- Manage employee relations casework effectively and coach and develop Manager in ER best practice
- Develop and deliver training programmes including employee relations, business skills and HR toolkit workshops
HR Data & Systems
- Manage the approval process for employee changes in line with annual budget
- Implement digital HR solutions to ensure the best, most effective and efficient employee experience
- Maintain accurate employee data and keeping relevant systems up to date and compliant
- Manage monthly payroll process and updating HR systems. Checking reports and ensuring accuracy
HR Processes & Administration
- Ensure the business strategy is efficiently underpinned by robust, accurate and efficient people administration
- Provide an end-to-end administration service for all employment matters with support from HR Apprentice
- Deliver monitoring and reporting process for key employment issues (when required).
- Coordinate annual performance review and goal setting processes and support managers in completing reviews effectively
- Organise the onboarding and offboarding processes
- Accountable for compliant GDPR data processes across recruitment, HR and admin tasks
- Ensure compliance with IR35 regulations and Right to work restrictions
- Identify new ways of being more collaborative and agile as a team and proactively implement new ideas to improve HR impact and effectiveness
- Manage annual budget and bonus review cycles
People & Culture
- Develop and implement employee wellbeing initiatives
- Maintain a positive work culture in line with our core values of Fairness, Service and Transparency
- Keep up to date with relevant information on diversity and inclusion and act as a subject matter expert for diversity internally
- Empower a diverse culture and support our internal Inclusion Networks to ensure all employees feel supported and differences are celebrated
- Challenge managers and employees constructively and inspire stakeholders to reflect on more diverse viewpoints and present different perspectives
- Support the Global Talent Acquisition team in embedding inclusive recruitment practices
- Support with Return to Office ensuring the New Work mandate is adhered to as much as possible
- Manage and coach junior team members
- Keep up to date with employment law changes
- Experienced HR generalist able to support progressive development of the HR team
- Experience of working in a fast paced and evolving business
- Strong employment law knowledge and employee relations experience
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough in approach
- Entrepreneurial in approach
- Fair, transparent and focused on providing world class service
- Strong organisational skills in managing self and team members to ensure outstanding service to business areas
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Able to manage change effectively and support others through a change process
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Passionate about making a difference with the desire to have a real impact and make positive change in the business
- Strong people skills, able to build rapport quickly across all business groups and levels
- Contribute ideas confidently
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Passionate about music!
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Experience in payroll management
- Experience in Australia, China or Hong Kong employment law
- Strong coaching skills, able to motivate and influence others
- CIPD qualified with significant relevant experience
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. We are a Disability Confident organisation and committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), if you would like to discuss the recruitment process with our recruitment team or if you would benefit from other reasonable adjustments please call +44 7909409082 or email email@example.com.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, hybrid working, or flexible start and finish times We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking!