We are hiring! We are looking for a Creative & Licensing Manager to join our Production Music team at our London office!
BMG Production Music is the world’s fastest-growing production music catalogues servicing the film, broadcast, games and advertising industries. The department is sculpting new ways to connect creatives with composers, offering online access to a curated catalogue of around 500,000 tracks spanning all genres, and its custom music division works with BMG artists and songwriters for any project needing a personalised soundtrack. The Creative & Licensing team works directly with these key media clients pitching and providing the perfect music for their projects.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
To be responsible for the development of new business as well as nurturing and maintaining existing relationships with our clients, providing music searches and supporting various marketing activities and initiatives. You will be expected to attend meetings with key and new business accounts, as well as pitching the catalogue to be licensed for moving media.
- Manage designated clients, building and nurturing the relationships to a high standard. Report weekly and on an ongoing basis about progress made
- Support clients with all queries including technical, musical and licensing
- Make regular client contact and (when appropriate) client visits in accordance with personal and company targets.
- Actively research and bring in new business opportunities with a focus on large media partners. Identifying new industries BMG are potentially not involved in.
- Contribute marketing and promotional ideas for client initiatives. Take charge of marketing mailouts to clients with help from digital marketing
- Provide timely & accurate music searches for client music briefs
- Attend all relevant client and industry events. This includes representing the company at industry functions and exhibitions across the UK and occasionally abroad if required. Also seeking out new industry event opportunities
- Increase traffic to the BMG Production Music website using sales techniques and marketing initiatives either new or existing.
- Develop, organise and maintain CRM database, efficiently managing client lists.
- Knowledge of MAC & PC functionality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to easily build relationships with others and an impeccable phone manner.
- Approachable, personable and articulate.
- Proven track record of bringing in new business
- Enthusiastic and creative, keen to contribute ideas.
- Self-motivator and avid team player.
- Organised with excellent eye for detail.
- Interest in production music, film, TV and advertising – working experience in this area is a plus!
It’s a plus if you also have…
- 1-2 years working in a production music company or within the TV media industry
- Experience working with our clients on the production side who include major broadcasters, ad agencies, and TV production companies
- Knowledge of production music/music licensing in the UK
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities
- 6 months full pay for all parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
We want all applicants to perform to their full potential throughout the recruitment process. We are a Disability Confident organisation and committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), if you would like to discuss the recruitment process with our recruitment team or if you would benefit from other reasonable adjustments please call +44 7909409082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, hybrid working, or flexible start and finish times We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking!