Spotify for Artists logo white on royal blue

Spotify recently announced plans to rename its ‘Artist Fundraising Picks’ feature to ‘Fan Support’, while also revealing that more than 200,000 artists are using the feature. Now that change has happened, with a couple more stats shared.

Spotify says that around 90% of those artists are using the feature to raise money from fans via the links placed in their profiles on the service. The other 10% are raising money for their chosen charities and causes.

How popular are these links? “To date, fans have clicked on Fan Support links more than 50 million times,” revealed Spotify’s blog post. Which is an average of 250 clicks per artist, although there is no public data yet on how those clicks are converting to actual payments.

Music Ally’s next Learn Live webinar will help you understand what’s required for artists to thrive in new international markets!

Music Ally's Head of Insight

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *