ICE and its Role in the Music Industry
ICE is a purpose-driven organisation, founded by rightsholders, for rightsholders. We exist to support songwriters, enabling societies and publishers to accurately compensate them when their work is used internationally.
We operate at the exciting intersection of technology, music, and data. Since our 2010 launch, we have paid more than €2.3 billion to rightsholders through deep expertise in Copyright, Processing and Licensing.
Our collaboration with stakeholders across the industry delivers best practice, new processes & innovative solutions for better royalty flows.
Strategic investment in technology enables us to process trillions of streams, to deliver the maximum revenue for rightsholders.
About the role
The Customer Solutions Manager will have overall responsibility for identifying, planning, managing, resolving and implementing resolutions to specific customer issues or queries that require an increased level of technical expertise or ICE specialist knowledge. Acting in a key account capacity representing the technical and escalated queries dedicated to specific customers, this role will provide solution-focused technical expertise to quickly resolve stage two queries, issues and investigations to the highest level of quality with a focus on re-occurrence avoidance. Accountable for measuring, monitoring and tracking escalated queries for their specified customer group and developing and delivering full comprehensive reporting of such, this role will play a key part in improving customer experience and ensuring that ICE learn lessons to improve & error proof future processes and increase service credibility. This role will need to work collaboratively with other business areas and support the other customer facing teams in providing technical and detailed knowledge on specific customer service failures or queries in meetings. As such a high level of ICE, customer and industry knowledge is required. The role will be fundamental in improving customer confidence levels in the capability of ICE and as such the incumbent will need to have a strong desire and drive to improve first touch resolution, remove root cause issues and support external accreditation achievement to validate ICE service offering.
You are responsible for:
- Act as second stage resolution for customer queries, investigations and issues of a technical service nature.
- Work in collaboration with Service Desk to support increased first stage resolution capabilities where possible.
- Complete all workload with a root cause investigation approach.
- Accountable for actively and consistently measuring RCA, solution, risk of reoccurrence and benefit.
- Responsible for reporting on performance of second stage resolution in relation for dedicated accounts
- Support and proactively input into initiatives to improve all deliverables on second stage queries
- Liaise with Head of department to identify potential solutions and to create resulting action plans.
- Liaise with other customer teams to feed in improvements and share customer issues to enable continued transformation and assurance activity.
- Act as a business partner to Customer Experience Managers at meetings with customers providing detailed customer updates on incidents and technical or escalated queries.
- Project manage the various internal and external activities required to deliver solutions, ensuring root cause, measurement of impact, risks & benefits captured accurately
- Works with Critical Incidents manager to identify and analyse “critical incidents” of a technical nature, ensuring all such matters and their impacts are documented professionally, communicated appropriately and the reasons for these are understood and prevented going forwards
- Provide formalized reporting and updates to a variety of audiences and input into business intelligence dashboard reporting with a desire to develop capability and usability.
Experience and Qualifications
- Industry or technical expert with sound understanding of ICE processes and customer needs
- Proven background in optimising processes, managing issues, simplifying complexity and constructively challenging the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Proven project management knowledge & capability
- Expert Microsoft Office 365 user (desirable but not essential)
- SQL experience (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail, focused on solution focused approaches to remove perceived barriers to delivery/success
- Experienced in quality management, RCA and solution delivery
- Track record of understanding customer needs and being able to quickly translate these into sustainable solutions
- Tenacious, conscientious, values driven with a focus on ensuring correct procedures are adhered to
- A strong influencer with great interpersonal skills with a desire to improve accuracy and remove risk
- Highly driven, motivated and tenacious.
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders of all levels
- High attention to detail with a strong ability to simplify the complex into to logical processes
- Natural problem solver with ability to handle high workloads and fast turnarounds.
- Highly motivated, self starter with a strong desire to improve services and experience
We offer You:
- Home Office working opportunities (including post-pandemic)
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Plan
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Free eye-care vouchers
- Flexible hours
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Season Ticket Loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit the following:
- Your current CV
- Cover Letter
If your experience and capabilities match our required qualifications outlined above, we are very much looking forward to your application (only online). Please include your earliest available starting date.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application
Music Ally’s next Learn Live webinar will help you build the strategies for artists to thrive in new international markets!